My Community Engagement
- Arlington Public Schools “Most Honored Citizen” Award
- H-B Woodlawn Parent Advisory Committee Chair
- APS Family Network
- APS Advisory Council on Instruction
- Thomas Jefferson Exemplary Project (International Baccalaureate) Program Committee
- APS Strategic Planning Committee
- Arlington Civic Federation Schools Committee
- County Council of PTAs
- Member of parent-teacher organizations at Randolph, Long Branch, Jefferson, Washington-Lee and H-B Woodlawn
- Board Member, Arlington Sister City Association
- President, Columbia Pike Revitalization Organization Board
- Arlington County Citizen’s Commission on Housing
- Arlington Affordable Housing Task Force
- President, Douglas Park Civic Association
- Neighborhood Conservation Advisory Committee (NCAC)
My Background & Philosophy
- My promise: My door is always open. I will listen. I will return your call or message within 24 hours.
- I believe in the need to gather data, make decisions and move forward.
- Commitment to public education has always been a core value in my family. Both my parents were public school teachers. My wife and I attended public schools. My children attended APS and Virginia’s public university system. My daughter teaches in a public school.
- My experience spans elementary, middle and high schools, north and south Arlington schools, neigh¬borhood and county-wide schools.
- I am a 30-year resident of Arlington.
- Professionally, my background includes strategic planning for federal government and private industry clients
- BA, Political Science, 1981. State University of New York, College at Brockport.
- MA, International Relations, 1990. The Johns Hopkins University, School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS).